[StBernard] Sheriff's Race - Crime

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Sep 27 22:05:19 EDT 2007

Jer,

I believe, also, that abstinence is best. But aren't we (you and I) drawing
a very fine line between what we believe and what we will accept or condone
for others? Non-catholic people are not bound by our catholic beliefs, but
by us condoning their behavior (their use of birth control in this case)
isn't that a sin on our part? Even though we do not practice that birth
control, isn't urging others, or condoning others to do so, even if they are
not catholic, sinful? After all, if we really believe it is wrong, we
should spread the word to others that it is wrong. Just as we believe
abortion is wrong, we would be in a state of sin if we told others it was ok
for them to have an abortion because they are not catholic.

Laurie

> Well, Laurie. Allow me to clarify:

> I mentioned this as its aim is toward the inner city crowd where you'll

most

> possibly/probably find the majority of people who are NOT Catholics (but

> Southern Baptists <at least the grandparents as I can't say that many

young

> male/female parents these days are in church>. <smile>

> Not being Catholics there's no religious ethic vs birth control in the

inner

> city (and many probably do not use birth control per se) Could you imagine

> one couple in the back shed saying, "hold on, my love. I have to put on my

> birth control before we continue!") <G> In all probability, it won't

happen

> and there's another pregnancy on the way.

> Yes, I am for abstinence any day over birth control under any

circumstances.

> I do not believe these days that an unmarried, unattached, non-committal

> couple should have a "football team" in a home without parents. (Hence the

> perfect ingredients for "crime-stew" where there's no monitoring, too many

> to control, and deprivation beyond our comprehension.

> Being Sicilian, I am a Catholic as well (Prompt Succor) where I grew up in

> the rhythm method many years. The modern era has dismissed the abstinence

> method as well and the youths are beginning their sex lives increasingly

> before 12 yrs. Of age (and how younger children of 10 yrs. Old or less can

> rape at that early age). The unwed parents are becoming younger and the

> facts about their numbers are astounding.

> I do not know if sex education in schools teaches more about HOW to have

sex

> as it tells how to avoid sex (thus, we can see more having sex, more

> diseases emulating from minor-related sex, etc. )

> Now, you know how I feel about the issue.

> In the future, perhaps there will be medicines distributed to place in

their