[StBernard] The Georges Plan for Louisiana and Debate Tonight

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 29 08:57:55 EDT 2007

Ok, the debate is on.

Here's my take on what I've observed. I've taken notes and will hit on the
highlights and some comments might be a little Paraphrased in what was
hastily witnessed on the debate:

Firstly, Mr. Campbell:

--"Open up schools in summertime" <year-round, it's air conditioned> and in
the P.M. as well for others.
--"I disagreed with Mr. Jindal describing it a 'rich state (LA). "
--We should remove Income tax .. <repetitiveness again, and again,--CLICK!>
--"Jindal said I was a "clown". I ain't seen Mr. Jindal in 3 months and "Mr.
Jindal, I didn't know if you was alive, glad you made one of these
(debates)."
--"I've got thick skin"
--"I'm the only one who has a plan!"
Question if President Bush Asked: 'Should you release Edwin Edwards from
prison?' Response: "Yes!"
--"If you're looking for someone who is not going to be about action , then
vote for one of these (other three candidates) because, I'm not your guy!"

Jerry responds:

Sorry Mr. Campbell. Is it a new era that vacationers need to work around
your school schedule, the heat of the day to and from school, etc. It isn't
less school that makes kids stupid, It's a host of other things including
inability to learn (Attention deficit disorder), non-support of parents,
emotional problems, non-interest, too much play on the brain and less brain
matter<G>). Then, Hey, Mr. Jindal was just being "positive" to incite a
winning attitude instead of a defeatist one with "LA is a rich state" (which
has quite a few natural and peoples resources, but directly wrongly by
ineffective leadership). Geez, good thing Mr. Jindal didn't embarrass the
bunch on previous debates as he outshined the 3 together! Also, thick skin?
I'll bet that happens with lots of excessive, non-skin screened protection
<G>. Additionally, only one with a plan? What do you think the others have
being doing with their time, Mr. Campbell? You're not our guy.

Secondly, Mr. Georges:

Jerry Responds:

--"I am the ONLY candidate ..blah, blah," <CLICK> .. repetitive..
--"Unlike the Congressman (Jindal) who hasn't created one job (bash), I've
created jobs in my business."
--(Create a) Recovery CZAR, Tax tobacco, Put a laptop on every child's desk
-- "I won't accept $$$ for contracts" (in LA as governor)
--"I expect to get Mr. Jindal's Supporters (in the runoff without Mr. Jindal
still running, post-primary).
--"I went to Jena, Louisiana..."
"Look at the people here running for office here and you decide which of us
that you'd like here to serve?"

Jerry's Response:

Yes, Mr. Georges, Geez, you've got a terrific ego. Coupled with your
millions, at some point perhaps you will to admit that others want to serve
as well.
Also, Mr. Jindal as Congressman won't have a great deal of hiring. However,
he might need a little bit of your $$$ to be used for recovery at some point
as well, <G>>. Also, CZAR brings up bad memories as dictator, Russian or
not. Then, the tobacco people will love you to their death of tobacco
smokin'. When the state gets hit for 1 million computers <g> give or take
several hundred thousand, the taxpayers are going to love you for it as
well. We'd love to see it happen, but only Bill Gates can be the wizard that
sparks that spell. With regards to Mr. Jindal not being in the runoff, let's
hope it is a stale joke. You're lucky to be 3rd. Also, Jena? Leave those
poor citizens alone unless you wish to upstage the Rev. Al and his $45,000
contribution to Mychal Bell's bond. Finally, Look at those people on your
panel? Not much to look at (unless you're a favorite of cute, cuddly
bulldogs) <chuckle>

Thirdly, Mr. Boasso:

"As a senator, I could get education done" <what?> "Dis' will take away
questions by students who respond< "I don't know what I'll do" <this
meaning, we suppose when a student is asked what it is he wants to do in
life, he says, "I don't know" <what I want to do>.
--Questioned: "You switched parties but have a republican track record, Why
should everyone believe that you're a democrat?" Mr Boasso replied: "I
believe in a competitive Minimum wage and "my party left me in high water
for (?) days". My party lied to me!" <blaming Mr. Bush, emotionally).
--"Started with a Box of Tide and a garden hose"
--"To my colleague (Mr. Jindal), What you preach in LA, you perform in
Washington?" (bash).
--"create opportunity to keep children home (from leaving the state).
--"I don't have much integrity according to the Congressman." (Mr. Jindal)
--"I've learned what's ethical and corrupt"
--"The congressman says that I'm corrupt"
--"It's not going to be about the smartest person in this race"
--"We got.."
--As I said," ..(click!!) and "Once again," (click, repetitively towards
moderator's questions).
--At the debate ending, Mr. Boasso seemed, well--stoic without smile or
gratitude somehow as the audience praised the entire panel for their
answers/frankfulness in a round of applause.

Jerry Responds:

Oh, boy. Firstly, WHAT??? I'll try not to denigrate this candidate (too much
<G>). The party has left you in high water? Did you mean the conservatives
and the President left you in the boat when you were asked (as were we all)
to leave St. Bernard Parish for an evacuation request? Hey, many who stayed
wished they left to avoid what they say (even the dead bodies, the high
water and destruction of your home). No one commanded us to stay and if we
did, it was our choice (except in the line of police and officials in
life-saving capacities. Then they lied? Yes, people in government do this
because they want to lessen just how serious things were to avoid panic and
shock. Depending upon who we have talked to, the governor, the president,
FEMA, local governments, etc.. were all running around with their eyes
closed. (the blind leading the blind). All were probably to blame. Help
never came because this case scenario was never discussed (how to avoid a
hurricane when all the levees broke, 100 yr. floods with no communications,
etc. The technology was there but who has technology in 2005????
Additionally, Mr. Jindal says there's no integrity in governments? No?
Come'on..I'll be willing to bet just everyone involved in positions are just
so pure, honest and just. From what I've seen heard, etc..over 60 yrs, I'd
bet there are more that "wasn't caught" wheelin' and dealing" while in
office!

Well, Mr. Jindal finally attended the spider's web, and still this elaborate
panel couldn't lay a glove on 'im.

Now, Mr. Jindal:

--"I thought the ads were underhanded about my faith" (Christian)
--"We live in a pluralistic society".
--"I am Pro-Life"
--Question to Mr. Jindal: "Do you believe in Intelligent Design" (He
responded that the reality is that we do not yet understand and perhaps
teach the scientific facts along with the creation design).
--"The election is not about me, It's about LA's future..to move them
forward."
--"..change in ethics laws"
--"We are NOT a poor state--it's a blessed state and we've had poor
leadership!" we're rich in much resources, we can train people here instead
of bringing them from out of state here."
--"No (less) taxes and more discipline in classes" "Tax credits to keep
people home."
--"Who's best to change the corruption in Baton Rouge--change the climate
(there)?"
--"I'll be aggressive in dealing with companies (to bring in more
business/economic development) here." Change the environment for getting
companies here!"
--"I've a 21 Point Plan to improve Louisiana".

Jerry Responds:

As an observer, I found all wanted to be governor of LA, regardless of their
motives, aims or interests. I did find Mr. Jindal the most confident,
articulate, knowledgeable about the issues over their opponents, he had
real-time plans with solutions to major problems and just made good common
sense. Each reply was on target (if there is a target to each candidate's
heart) and commanded the stage. Mr. Jindal gave most of LA the outline and
don't know what else needed to be said at future debates?<G>> But, more
questions will come forward aimed at personality and mission statements.

One or two was brash (Campbell), nervous and speechless (Boasso) and cocky
(Georges). If there was a fault by Mr. Jindal one would have to say that he
could use a little pillow under his bottom in compared with the other three
"beefy" candidates <chuckle>. You will not here me say it was a 3-ring
circus complete with .. well, I will NOT say, clowns. <no, not me!><G>>

BTW, did you guys catch Ms. McNiece (Shame on you!!! Political Boasso ad) in
the wheelchair behind the moderators<G>? Well, we can only believe she was
there in support for a candidate.

--jer--