[StBernard] to Laurie

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Sep 29 10:18:38 EDT 2007

Thanks Gaby, I agree with you and really feel that at the end of the day,
the next of kin should have went and evacuated their loved one if at all
possible. If the person is on some sort of machine and has tubes here and
there, most people do not have the ability to deal with all of those health
care issues and someone with training and skill will have to stay and care
for them, or evacuate with them. In both cases I highly respect these
caregivers. My dad just got out of the hospital and I am so grateful to all
that took such good care of him. I don't like the scape goating either. I
hope we are friends!

Laurie

> It was a tragic decision.

> Yes, I agree. And thanks for answering.

> There are times when I get a bit sensitive. I really think it would be

much

> better if families and staff work together and form a more trusting team

in

> these matters.

> My initial post was not about evacuating vs staying (as I am an advocate

of

> evacuating (having done so many many storms), yet I sorely feel the

> scapegoating that is done so often.

> Schools by themselves dont raise our kids, churches by themselves bring

our

> kids to Christ, and nursing homes by themselves are incomplete without the

> rest of the family for a resident to go through this precious part of

their