[StBernard] No trustworthness in Sheriff Stephens

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 9 09:31:00 EDT 2007

I knew it was a farce the moment I saw the ad on TV.

Imagine, Sheriff Stephens supporting Bobby Jindal behind Walter Boasso's
back!! Mr. Stephens givith, and Mr. Stephens taketh away. Mr. Stephens
flip-flopping at his word, and then change his mind once the political
machine moves in motion. Imagine, little devils on shoulders coercing a new
direction on the fly, moving from supporting one candidate with what seemed
a "from-the-heart" announcement to "Oh, did I say that" attitude.

This blunder is sure to help Mr. Stephen's adversaries in the race for
sheriff.

This blunder will surely help Mr. Jindal in his race for governor vs. the
"Axis of Evil".

A honeymoon is over, it appears, before it was consummated. Now we know the
story.

According to Mr. Boasso's ad: "Mr. Jindal, all brains, no heart!" However,
it would seem fitting (or perhaps a justice(?) if Mr. Jindal's ad would come
out to say: "Mr. Boasso, No brains, all heart, all gut" <smiling>.

As time evolves, we shall see the ultimate in reality shows get its
grievances aired as political dirt is thrown around like a dust storm in
Kansas.

--jer--

Jindal Ad Flap

St. Bernard Parish Sheriff Jack Stephens has urged Bobby Jindal campaign to
pull an ad showing his stating for his rescue efforts during hurricane
Katrina. According to Stephens, Jindal ran the ad without the consent of
Stephens who in a press conference on Saturday praised State Senator Walter
Boasso.

"Without Walter, a lot more people would have lost their lives," Stephens
said. "Walter came up with the plan for evacuating our people. Walter was
the face of the rescue effort in St. Bernard Parish."

The ad ran on Sunday during the Saints football game. Acccording to WGNO,
Jindal will continue to run the ads until Wednesday.

According to the Boasso campaign, "Jindal's latest campaign blunder comes on
the heels of a flap earlier this summer when the Jindal campaign distributed
unauthorized bumper stickers representing endorsements from many of
Louisiana's public and private universities. After saying they would pull
the paraphernalia the Jindal campaign continued to distribute the stickers
until pressure from university presidents and the public forced him to back
down.

"The fact is that Bobby Jindal has run the most unethical, misleading and
shameless campaign imaginable," Boasso Press Secretary Brian Welsh said.

"From making baseless attacks to ignoring the wishes of our state's
universities and law enforcement officials, Bobby Jindal has shown that he
cares about one thing and one thing only--his own political gain." positive
comments about Bobby Jindal. The ad apparently ran during the Jindal
Congressional campaign from 2006.

Jindal Responds to Boasso Ads, Shows Support

According to Timmy Teepell, campaign manager for Bobby Jindal, "Walter
Boasso has also launched a new false attack ad on Bobby, accusing him of
voting against veterans' health care. Walter's newest attack totally
mischaracterizes a vote on a blatantly partisan procedural motion on
legislation Bobby supported to help fund active military in Louisiana and
bring our state thousands of new jobs. Below, I have included information to
Set the Record Straight on this newest attack against Bobby.

Bobby was also recently endorsed by Louisiana veterans from all across the
state. Former Adjunct General of the Louisiana National Guard, General Ansel
Stroud of the U.S. Army, said, "I have followed Bobby's record as a
congressman and was very impressed with his strong support of our military
and veterans. He has also indicated his full support for our Louisiana war
veteran homes, cemeteries and veterans service officers. I am proud to
support him to be the next governor of Louisiana."

General Peyton Cole of the U.S. Air Force also joined General Ansel Stroud
at a recent event with Bobby in Shreveport. Cole highlighted Bobby's
continuing commitment to Louisiana veterans and offered his official
support.