[StBernard] Rocky Vs

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 9 20:55:46 EDT 2007

We have made sure since the storm,especially, to patronize our St. Bernard
businesses. That being said, we have certainly made our rounds at the
various restaurants, both the new and pre-K ones. However, to stay in
business you have to have a quality product served at a value price. We went
to Rocky Vs within the first month he opened. The service workers were
untrained. I assume that with some training a person would know how to be a
decent waitress, but this young lady seemed to be hired with no
instructions. The pizza sauce was very different from any others (and I
have eaten a lot of pizza all over the country). We didn't care for the
taste of his sauce. The price of the salad for the quality of the salad at
Rocky V's was not comparable to other places such as Theo's, Reginnelli, LA
Pizza Kitchen, Italian Pie, etc. We decided if we wanted a pizza that was
up a notch from Domino's we'd be better off making it at h ome. Pizza Man
on Paris Road was a notch below a Pizza Hut run of the mill pizza. Rocky
would be better getting into a Reginelli's franchise to help with the menu
and management.

Cafe Roma had a good spinach-feta pizza, but the flies were a problem The
last straw (or shall I say the last fly) was our last visit. There was a fly
buzzing inside the grated cheese jar on the table. I didn't expect to be
compensated for the disgusting tabletop entertainment, but I did expect the
foreign speaking manager to show some regret. I patiently waited until his
take out customer left the counter to show him the fly in the jar. His
reaction was to just hand it to the nearest waitress. I bet he told her
after we left to not throw out the cheese! I expect a reaction of apology
and serious concern such as having all the cheese jars checked immediately.
Guess it's the norm where he comes from. Last time I eat there.

The restaurant business is a hard business to get into because so much can
go wrong. WOW has their act together (you have to offer again a smaller
onion ring order than the size you have that serves 20 people!) and our
beloved Rocky and Carlo and Tony's are back again. Riverbend Bistro is the
nicest white linen tablecloth restaurant we have.

When is IHOP opening or was that a rumor? And was someone serious when they
mentioned a new Bar B Que place coming?

I don't cook much by the way. ddk