[StBernard] Governor Blanco urges Louisiana Delegation to override SCHIP veto

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 11 22:10:07 EDT 2007

Governor Blanco urges Louisiana Delegation to override SCHIP veto

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco today wrote to Members of Louisiana's Congressional Delegation, asking them to override President Bush's veto of HR 976, legislation to reauthorize the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).

"Our families are working harder than ever before, yet too many do not have access to employer-based insurance coverage," Governor Blanco wrote. "Congress has clearly prioritized children's health insurance coverage by passing HR 976 and I urge you to join in overriding the President's veto. More than 111,000 children with public coverage in Louisiana and thousands of uninsured children are counting on you to protect their health. Please vote to override the presidential veto of this critical piece of legislation for Louisiana."

Click here to read the Governor's letter. <http://www.gov.state.la.us/assets/docs/10.11.07-SCHIP%20Letter%20to%20Congressional%20Delegation%20(House).pdf>

###