[StBernard] John Georges responds to Jindal's Attack Ads

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Oct 12 22:26:11 EDT 2007

October 12, 2007

Dear Fellow Louisianans,

Today, Bobby Jindal launched an unprovoked and false television ad campaign
against me, breaking his word not to run a negative attack campaign. We had
a gentlemens agreement not to run negative, attack advertising. I kept my
word, and I am running a 100-percent positive campaign about my plan for
growing more and better jobs by running the state like a business
<http://www.georgesforgovernor.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=
359> . Bobby has not kept his word.

Others have noticed that I have run a positive campaign. Renowned columnist
and commentator Jeff Crouere wrote Friday: John Georges has not attacked
Jindal, preferring to focus on a positive message.

I have released my income tax return to the Baton Rouge Advocate, showing
all sources of my income and proving these attacks are based on lies.

Bobby Jindal is asking for a second chance, but you shouldnt give a second
chance to someone who is attacking and lying about his opponents.

This is an election about the candidate who can create the most jobs. In my
business career, I have grown hundreds of good jobs that provide healthcare
benefits. I know how to run the state like a business. As an independent, I
am not controlled by politicians. I will put Louisianas interests ahead of
any political party or personal interests.

Undecided voters are coming to my campaign. Our support is growing. Every
day, we put together coalitions of people who are pleased we are staying
positive and not using negative advertising against our opponents.

You cant complain about corruption and old-school politics if you are
running that kind of negative campaign. You cant talk about a gold standard
of ethics when your campaign is financed by those working for companies
holding state contracts. I have called upon candidates to give back money
from those seeking to do business with the state.

I am a respected businessman with a long record of creating jobs in the
private sector. I actually have experience in economic development. I am the
only candidate who signed the Blueprint Louisiana Agenda for Change
<http://www.georgesforgovernor.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=
357> that recommends reforms and I have incorporated the Blueprint
proposals into The Georges Plan
<http://www.georgesforgovernor.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=
359> . I am willing to sell the tobacco settlement funds in order to start
construction on wetlands restoration and hurricane protection.

Lets elect an independent leader who can unite this state. Vote for me, John
Georges No. 7, on October 20.

Thank you

<http://www.georgesforgovernor.com/media/Image/jdgsig.jpg>

John D. Georges