[StBernard] Phone Calls

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 14 18:50:20 EDT 2007

Syl,
I answered the phone one day last week and I could barely understand the caller as he had a strong foreign accent. He asked if I was Habib,or whatever, and I told him no. He said it sounds like you're on a cellphone and stupidly I said I didn't own a cellphone.
He responded this is your lucky day because I want to give you one. Well, I said this is not your lucky day because I don't want one and hung up. The number was as you said ten zeroes.
I also received a polling call for a senate race in Avoyelles Parish. In my 39 years in St. Bernard I nevr received that type of call. It did show a number. And lastly, I received a call which showed a toll-free number and it was a recording in support of a candidate for Governor. Sorry to make a short story long but I wanted to cover everything.
Thanks,
David