[StBernard] Torres' trash company<br>

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 18 07:47:55 EDT 2007

On the LDEQ website is an EDMS section. Once you set up a username and
password you can view public documents for different industry's. SDT's AI
number 142508 documents the complaints and LDEQ's responses for its non
processing transfer station. SDT also has AI numbers 153141, 136509, and
136883.

We have continuously asked LDEQ and EPA with regards to my favorite
industrial neighbor about the proximately of crude oil storage tanks, toxic
emissions and dangerous processing to residential homes, schools, churches
and daycares. And we have been continually told that the proximity issue is
a zoning and parish ordinance issue. Once the industry receives a DEQ
permit, it must also go to the parish permit dept to receive a construction
permit.

This will also be the case with the proposed coker unit at Murphy Refinery.

It is up to OUR PARISH GOVERNMENT to protect the health and safety of our
children. We need a committee to review ALL DEQ Permit applications,
similar to Coastal Zone Advisory; to recommend, to recommend based on
specific changes, or to deny.

Its time OUR PARISH COUNCIL pass an ordinance increasing the minimum barrier
required between R1 and I2 and increasing the minimum barrier required
between R1, schools, churches and daycares and certain dangerous processes
and toxic emissions. And if it means an industry has to be told there is no
room for expansion, so be it. Our health and safety need to come first. We
shouldnt be sold out again.

sjk