[StBernard] Thanks to Walter Boasso for running for Governor..a manwith Courage

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 23 20:13:13 EDT 2007

John,

Don't forget what happened to one of our previous reform Governors, Buddy
Roemer; out at the next election. Jindal has to remember he's got to work
with the folks in legislature to get much of anything accomplished.

If he turns out to be a flop or a dud (which I don't think will be the case)
Walter may have another chance in 4 years.

Jim

And Susie, if nothing else, in hoping that Jindal does a good job
for the
state, Walter needs to be ready in four years to run for Lt.
Governor.
Mitch Landreau will be term limited and Walter's name recognition
and
credibility is now well established. Even people who didn't vote for
him
realize Walter's business sense and knowledge of what is needed for
economic
development in Louisiana, which is the primary job of the Lt.
Governor.

Such a race doesn't cost nearly as much to run for Governor...I
think
Walter, if he starts early and makes his interest known, will be a
shoe-in
to win. Then, four years later, presuming Jindal serves a second
term,
Walter then runs and wins the Governor's race.

This has very realistic possibilities. I've already discussed this
with the
best pollster and political adviser around, John Grimm of
Multi-Quest
International, and he agrees.

Thanks Walter..and don't call it quits just yet.

John Scurich