[StBernard] Proof of Residence

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 24 09:04:29 EDT 2007

I'll take a shot at answering this because I've already had this discussion
with my State Farm agent.

According to my agent, you can live at one address, actually own a house
elsewhere, and have your driver's license show yet another address. The
reason for this is because your insurance goes by from the address where you
typically begin and end your driving route on a given day.

Sure, that's typically where you live at the present. Thus, my driver's
license and legal domicile is still in Chalmette. But continued
displacement has me across the lake for the present. My State Farm agent
made an adjustment in my insurance based on where I am having to live this
day. But even that is the least factor in your premium - how many miles you
put on your car is the greatest factor in your premium.

John Scurich