[StBernard] St. Bernard water plant shut down

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Oct 24 23:05:24 EDT 2007

St. Bernard water plant shut down
Posted by From staff reports October 24, 2007 1:05PM
Categories: Breaking News
The St. Bernard Parish water treatment plant was shut down this morning
after scores of residents called to complain about foul-smelling water.

"We don't believe there is anything harmful in the water, but we shut down
the intake system so we can run some tests to see what's causing the
problem," said Dave Peralta, the parish's chief administrative officer.

Residents began calling about 10 a.m. to complain that their tap water had a
diesel-like smell, Peralta said.

He said the parish has plenty of treated water in the system.

"No one will see an interruption in their water service because of this," he
said.