[StBernard] Officials say St. Bernard Parish's water is safe

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Oct 25 23:25:17 EDT 2007

Officials say St. Bernard Parish's water is safe
Posted by St. Bernard bureau October 25, 2007 1:21PM
St. Bernard/Plaquemines bureau

St. Bernard Parish officials lifted an advisory for residents to drink
bottled water Thursday after test results showed no contaminants in water at
the treatment plant in Chalmette.

"All of the tests came back negative," Parish President Henry "Junior"
Rodriguez said. "There was nothing in the water -- no problems whatsoever."

Scores of residents complained Wednesday about a diesel-like smell in their
tap water, prompting Rodriguez to caution residents to drink bottled water.

"We don't know where the odor came from, but the tests showed the water is
fine and we haven't had any more complaints," he said.