[StBernard] Road Home Iand SBA usage

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Oct 30 22:40:30 EDT 2007

For SBA (or any government agency) to forgive a loan, it requires either an
executive order by the President and/or an Act of Congress. Maybe we can
lobby our legislative delegation in D.C. to get the ball rolling on this.

John

MJ: I only know of my father's experience with the SBA after Besty. They
did not forgive his loan and hounded and hounded him for payment and even
put a lien on his house. He had a hard time paying it off having also lost
his business in Betsy. He eventually did pay it off after years and years.
He vowed to never have dealings with the SBA ever again and didn't take a
loan this time for Katrina and advised us not to either. I would be shocked
if the SBA forgives the loans for Katrina but I guess we can dream.

Laurie