[StBernard] From Craig

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 4 10:44:42 EST 2007

One thing Craig has to learn if he gets to be president. Spend a few bucks
to get a proper security system on his computer. Some crucial info is taken
by identity thieves, terrorists who are seeking additional income for their
causes overseas (and I'm certain within these U.S. of A.), or young kids
looking for cheap thrills).

I don't suppose real security is a given at the government complex. Personal
files, info, etc. is easily in the grasp of internal and external threats.
And, knowing those in position to protect that info, pre-Katrina and
thereafter, it's a strong possibility.

Hackers can break into the federal government's computers. How is it that
those who want into St. Bernard parish's system can't be as successful?

Again, this incidence may only include his personal, home computer. However,
We shouldn't be led to believe that all is sound elsewhere in times where
hacking is a way of life for some.

--jer--

I forgot to send this out last night.

Craig called me to say he is still experiencing computer problems. He
believes someone has installed a key logger on his machine. Hopefully
everything will be straightened out by Sunday or Monday and he will be back
online.

Westley