[StBernard] Rep. Baker issues statement of the enactment of WRDA

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 8 22:11:47 EST 2007

Rep. Baker issues statement of the enactment of WRDA

WASHINGTON – U.S. Rep. Richard Baker, R-Baton Rouge, issued the following statement today in response to the enactment of the Water Resources Development Act.

“I am pleased that WRDA cleared the final hurdle today, setting the stage for the vital, comprehensive coastal and ecosystem restoration that our state needs. This legislation also authorizes over $330 million for projects in the Sixth District of Louisiana and creates an immediate savings of $20 million for East Baton Rouge flood control, providing the opportunity to move forward on numerous infrastructure projects right here at home. I stand ready to work with the Army Corps of Engineers to make these important projects a reality.”

-30-