[StBernard] A parish hospital &amp; question for Craig<br>

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Nov 10 10:07:32 EST 2007

The Supreme Court erred when it took away our private property rights to
give to private enterprise. If you think its right, then you would think
Murphy could take anyone's land it wanted to add to its profits.

My relatives who fought and are fighting NOW for our rights and liberties
would not want me rendered homeless in the name of a refinery.

SJK

*
Now...Craig, the article from sbpg.net says the Meraux Foundation has
"offered land". Does that mean the foundation wants the parish or whatever
to "buy" the land? If so, and if the pasture area is one of the higher
elevations in the parish and that site would be beneficial for a hospital
and the hospital is designed/elevated properly, then I don't see why the
parish cannot expropriate the land that is needed. This is for the common
good and I know some laws were changed after a Supreme Court ruling allowing
some expropriations to try to block government expropriations.

I know this idea will p*ss off some folks, like the Meraux Foundation
powers-that-be, but that's tough. This issue is too vital to the parish.

Also, I addressed this to you Craig because I assume you *will* be the next
Parish President. I voted for you via absentee ballot in the first election
and will do so again in the runoff. I just received my absentee ballot from
Ms. Bourg's office and it will go out tomorrow.

And, if you ask my opinion (and you haven't) I think I'd go with the
proposal from the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady. I think Ochsner is
getting too much of a stranglehold on health care in the area.

Jim