[StBernard] taffaro video

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 11 00:04:07 EST 2007

"I don't believe this woman. Jr. is desperate." --Laurie

Jer responds: Absolutamente.

This upcoming election is Craig's to lose. JR is playing the "damage
control" type of campaign that Walter Boasso and Co. tried in the governor's
race. It didn't work for WB and it won't work for JR. I've watched the ad
campaign and believe me, "dirty deeds" rules the day in JR's camp (probably
a big part is played by one of the cohort's, JR attorney, Alan Abadie as
I've seen his demeaner when he's peeved. Believe me, that camp is in dire
straights. St. Bernard people do not forgive and forget. They only want
action, progress, and forward progress. They do not feel this, nor expect
any differentiation in an upcoming JR term.

JR and Co. know that they're in trouble. In fact, I'd wager that they're
burning the midnight oil conniving and playing out a scenario which would
turn the votes around.

I expect that when the election is over, JR will be retiring. He hasn't been
in good health for many, many years and his declining health is no
guaranteed that the parish citizens are looking forward to as far as a
future goes in beautiful St. Bernard Parish.

A bright new outlook is needed to gather hope and good progress in da
parish.

Those ads of JR are about as deceiving and negative as I've seen. In fact,
it's forcing a mud sling and strong defense on Craig's side of the field.
But, as Governor-elect Jindal has learned and has worked for him--"don't let
the cohorts get away with it!". Craig will learn this week that weakness is
a sign of bad leadership.

If this truth statement is correct and "weakness is a sign of bad
leadership"

then:

**bad leadership is a sign of weakness". JR's concern is a closed MRGO,
especially since it affects him living in lower St. Bernard. Craig also
cares and wants to see MRGO closed and progress made in St. Bernard Parish.
It's the parish citizen's mandate toward any parish president.

In a week, we'll say Adieu to JR. His days are numbered.

BTW, if Jeff Perigoni (in support for Craig) would check his ad in The St.
Bernard Voice, he should be conscious that Craig is running this year for
Parish President and NOT Clerk of Court. <smile>.

--jer--