[StBernard] Canal Dredging

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Nov 12 21:40:40 EST 2007

Craig: I was so glad to see the 20 arpent canal dredged after some 20
years. This should eliminate those occasions such as what happend in
October when we had seven inches of rain in one hour and the canal
spilled over its bank. My complaint: the supervisor told me that the
muck and debris was going to sit adjacent the levee for a few days to
dry out. It has now been two weeks, and it is about as dry as it will
be, assuming that we don't have rain prior to its pick-up! Also, the
longer it sits there, the greater possibility of killing the grass it
is on top of, which will in turn cause additional erosion. Is this
being addressed or has Jr. ticked someone off again so that nothing
happens? Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.