[StBernard] A Nation of Initials

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 14 22:34:50 EST 2007

Well-said, Laurie!!!
And John you were right about other words that are offensive to blacks and there are many more. In fact, Jesse and Al and others wanted to have the so-called n-word oulawed
What about diaparaging words aimed at white people by blacks. They create new ones every day. Puerto Ricans have the S-word and as immigrants came into this country there were always slang words used to describe them.
The Italians were probably the most abused with the D and W-words. But they didn't cry about it as they were too busy working and the words mostly went away.
So, I hope we don't become a nation of initials because someone of a certain race or nationality is offended.
If Jesse and Al worried more about stopping crime in black neighbohoods, instead of what they perceive as offensive words, maybe they could really do some good...but they won't. By the way, I'm German.
Thanks,
David