[StBernard] 2008

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Nov 15 21:47:05 EST 2007

2005- The Year of the Disaster
2006-The Year of Returning
2007-The Year of Restoring

2008- The Year That St.Bernard (and N.O., too) either get into full recovery
mode (economic development, new/repaired housing, getting rid of blight, not
tolerating political corruption, enforcing the laws, creating higher
standards of living,providing higher quality of life, etc.) OR The Year
That St. Bernard (and N.O., too) stagnated and people gave up hope for a
better tomorrow and permanently leave the region (southeast LA, not just the
southshore). My prediction is that Katrina Fatigue will become an epidemic
if the people and businesses of southeast LA don't see progress and
improvement in 2008. After three years of sacrifice, commitment, hard work,
under these conditions, people will not want to continue to trust that
better days are ahead as they and their children see their lives passing
them by. Let's do our part to see that 2008 is the year of the turnaround.
ddk