[StBernard] A Nation of Initials

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Nov 16 19:38:15 EST 2007

Jer,

I agree with some of what you said. The main reason I don't believe in
reparations is because many of the slaves that were enslaved were enslaved
in Africa by other Africans and sold to the mean old white man. Yes there is
a lot of oversensitivity but is that brought on by people's inability to
begin to look past race?

You are right that many things happened to other nationalities in history,
but when you mention italians, spaniards, etc. please remember that the
prejudices as far as "race" goes is not so easy to discern when we talk of
these nationalities, meaning that being italian isn't as easy to tell as
being black. And, if we could get television to knock down some of these
stereotypes maybe just maybe we can get to a place where this is no longer
an issue.

Wendy