[StBernard] The (gulp!) -- R-Word!

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Nov 18 11:02:11 EST 2007

"As someone else said, it is quite surprising that Rep. Carla Ditez has not
had to call Al Sharpton and apologize to him for her Buckwheat comment. My
question would be, how is one word more or less offensive than the other?

Until we as citizens learn that government is not here to protect from every
little slight, we are going to offended by the slightest of things."
--Westley

**absolutely, Wes. Some cultures have become a society of wussies, fussies,
and snitches. Insults have been commonplace since Adam and Eve when Cain
pi$$ed off God with his offense statement to Him: Hey, dude. Am I my
brother's keeper?"

If a member of the Negroid race would call a white dude, "Frankenstein",
Spanky, and even "Redneck MF", should he be sought to justice, lawsuits and
da white dude elevated to the Larry King Show crying that his feelings were
hurt? Embarrased? Or that his entire race was maimed by it?

Hardly. This would be more like a headline, "Man bites dog!"

--therefore, the problem was that it was a member of the Caucasian
persuasion who used a po' choice of words as an elected official (who would
have been called down even if she called a white dude, Buckwheat!". Even
with an apology.

Touchy, feely.

It's not only nonsense. It's more insulting for viewers and readers to be
hearing incidents like this and the Rev. Al's campaign to denigrate one
culture in favor of another.

I believe in fairness. I abhor stupidity.

--jer--