[StBernard] Interesting idea about new hospital

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Nov 21 11:16:45 EST 2007

Saw this on nola.com sbp forum. I think the idea seems to have some merit.

Jim

Not obligating the new incoming administration with sweatheart contracts
signed by the old outgoing administration sounds like a great idea. Why not
take it one step farther, The Next Logical Step if you will, and let the new
council make their own choice on who to appoint to the new Hospital
Commitee.
This whole rush to make the appointments before the end of the year smacks
of "Let's get our cronies in before we leave office" If the new hospital is
built as a community hospital there will be some very large contracts
involved and there will be many jobs available in a new hospital and control
of that board could have far reaching implications for our parish. The
people of SBP have spoken very loudly that they want change. Let's avoid the
appearance of impropriety.
Let's take The Next Logical Step. Let the new council make the hospital
committee appointments.