[StBernard] St. Bernard panel opposes truck stop

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 5 19:43:46 EST 2007

Honestly, my opinion is:
If we have to forfeit the rural tranquility and put up with becoming a
gambling parish, then I will escape the economic development. That is NOT
what I returned for.

There's got to be some other way to get sufficient income and maintain the
parish's charm. We dont' need to get rich, just comfortable, and it should
not cost us our dearest resource, our nature.

I'd rather see the wetlands, will tolerate the increased sports, and hope
for a retreat facility to draw people to the parish for restoration of their
soul, and the State Park to be further developed into a welcoming place for
camping and fun.

In a message dated 12/05/07 18:09:40 Central Standard Time,