[StBernard] Crime

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Dec 18 21:42:08 EST 2007

Bianca, one gauge is as accurate as the amount of crime that's "reported"
and that's the crime reports. You can view what's happening in the parish by
subscribing to the The St. Bernard Voice which lists police reports in their
weekly newspaper, the official organ of da parish. Cost is $18, $21 or $25
annually depending upon whether you live in town/state or out of state.

The St. Bernard Voice
P.O. Box 88
Arabi, LA 70032

Tel. (504)-279-7488, Edwin M. ROY, Publisher
Fax (504)-309-5532
Physical Address while restoring:
234 Mehle Ave. Arabi, LA 70032

Also, please keep in mind that some crimes are NOT REPORTED and those
include many rapes, altercations and those not wished to be recorded by
family members and friends/acquaintances who do not want to get involved or
place the perpetrators under arrest. Many of these go unreported because the
reports are "life-changing" incidences to those who commit those crimes (as
can be understood).

One thing for certain. Life is different in many of the communities affected
by Katrina. Many families, friends and acquaintances have been separated to
those who chose to remain, return or go on with life after a 3rd year
approaches. Things will be difficult in areas affected for quite a few years
while rebuilding is in effect. With God's grace (and lots of money), some
degree of normalcy will come about at some comfortable time ahead.

Being anxious is a natural, common emotion by those experiencing it in these
hard times. Uncertainty will bring about feelings of doubt and confusion.
The honest truth? Yes. There are many who speak what they believe is the
truth. Others depend upon facts and figures to motivate to a decision. We
all pray that we made/will make the right choice.

Good luck and happy holidays/Christmas to you and Wesley's Listserv
subscribers.

--jer--

Westley

Is it really bad home? Is the crime and stuff really as bad as I am
hearing? I was under the impression a lot of people had come back and
things were getting back to normal somewhat, I miss my family so much. I am
thinking about just coming home...and now I am scared to from things I am
hearing. I just want the honest truth, is it safe?

Bianca