[StBernard] Moving Back to St. Bernard

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 19 19:58:46 EST 2007

Bianca,

I am not sure what area of the parish you would be moving to if you came
back but I can tell you that petty crimes are up (stealing copper and things
from houses not occupied) but as far as the violent crime and such its
pretty much the same as before the storm. We have an occasional robbery and
1 we have 1 murder (the same kind we had before the storm) people fighting
over spouses, girlfriends etc.

I have been back since January 2006 permanently and have seen nothing but
positive things for St. Bernard. I wish some of the recovery was quicker
and I think that may be coming with a new administration but other than that
I am THRILLED to be home.

They reported two armed robberies in the past 2-3 weeks in St. Bernard, in
both of those instances the people committing the crime have been caught and
are in jail. St. Bernard is still not a place you want to commit a crime,
if you do you are going to jail PERIOD.

St. Bernard is still one of the safest places in the metro area to live so
come on HOME, you will not be sorry.

Chad

Westley

> Is it really bad home? Is the crime and stuff really as bad as I am

> hearing? I was under the impression a lot of people had come back and

> things were getting back to normal somewhat, I miss my family so much. I

am