[StBernard] best place to educate your kids

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Dec 19 22:24:21 EST 2007

Forbes Magazine released a article/study on the best places in America to
educate your children. I would think there is a correlation to great
quality of life, too. The criteria were: the amount of financial support the
schools receive, the ability to attend private schools if so desired, public
libraries that have a high turnover of books being checked out (i.e. high
use), having a least one community college, university nearby,
non-traditional post high school educational opportunities such as night
college, vo-tech, etc. Here's the top 20 cities. I post this because we
have in St. Bernard a fine public school system which of course, needs to be
strong financially, a wide array of private schools in the N.O. metro area
for those wanting such, Nunez Community College, and Nunez Community
College. We are all looking forward to a bigger, better permanent library.
Maybe we'll make the list in a few more years. The article is on Forbes.
com. ddk

Top Twenty (1. is highest rated place to live to ensure a great education
for your child)
1. Arlington, Virginia
2. Madison, Wisconsin
3. Cambridge, Mass.