[StBernard] Crime

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 20 07:54:35 EST 2007

Thank you Westley and Jer.

The truth remains I have many conflicts of personal emotion related to
things pre-katrina. But my grandmother is getting older, and my family just
mean so much to me. I mean I know places in the world, are no save haven
and it's true there is crime everywhere. I understand that even pre-Katrina
St. bernard had it's "Bouts" with things and the Arrest Reports were always
long and plenty.

I just don't remember home invasions, and people riding around in tow trucks
stealing vehicles that don't even run. A friend of my sisters was working
just out of parish borders on homes for residents when, he was approached by
some man, forced onto his knees and robbed at gunpoint. I hadn't realized
so much of Chalmette residential neighborhoods were still untouched. I am
just really scared to make a wrong move, I fear being in the wrong place and
the wrong time plenty now, and to insert myself into the middle of something
I am not up-to-par in, frightens me. I guess there's no way to answer those
questions though, I truly appreciate your responses and help. Thank you
very much.

Bianca