[StBernard] Actor Taye Diggs goes caroling in hurricane-stricken community

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Dec 20 07:59:21 EST 2007

Well Jer, I have to say that in Orleans parish the majority of those
affected were the black folks (excepting Lakeview, naturally). And, Orleans
had a larger population affected. That being said, though, if Tide were
going to go into SBP, why didn't they work with this project to help a
wider, more representational group of folks?

I can certainly write a letter to P&G and indicate I'm unhappy about how
they chose to help folks in the parish and that I will look for another
brand of clothes detergent to wash my clothes and I'll look for other
non-P&G products to replace those I currently use. But it shouldn't have to
come to this. Everyone in SBP was affected by the failure of the federal
levees and they really should have done a better job of scoping out who they
were going to help.

Jim

Jim Writes:

"Apparently Tide and the St. Bernard Project(s) ? are helping St.
Bernard's
darker brethren. Are they helping any of the lighter-shaded folks?
--Jim"

Jer responds:

You're correct, Jim and furthermore, I doubt it.. There is HEAVY
BIAS
endorsed by the Hollywood crowd (Brad Pitt), and many other
celebrities who
choose to discount St. Bernard Parish's mild and meek. Even beyond
this,
rappers and New Orleans musicians are choosing the dark persuasion
in St.
Bernard Parish as they are viewed as the "hopeless, the destitute,
the
"backbone of New Orleans culture" that should not go un-noticed (and
in the
process all others ultimately do!).

It's unfair treatment to ignore St. Bernard Parish's real backbone
due to a
natural catastrophe. In fact, it's inhumane passing favoritism to
someone
who "looks destitute" or doesn't fit the correct mold of a Katrina
Victim as
portrayed on national TV during and now after the sad event.

If the fair persuasion in New Orleans and areas surrounding would
have been
singled out as the "true victims" (as is now and in the past has
been given
to the darker crowds), there would have been marches which has never
been
seen in the media. That's the honest truth, the whole truth and
nuttin' but
da truth!

Bias, it's a great liberal term for promoting the liberal agenda,
the social
injustice for one culture over another and a blame game that will
never ease
(much less alleviate) racial disharmonic balances that have
historically
occurred this past 160 years). Since when has all of the other
cultures NOT
struggled? Lastly, manufacturers who support reverse racism and
prejudice
are indeed ethically wrong for leaving other cultures out of the
"natural
equation" which is needed for social harmony--a discredit on their
part
because of their tunnel-vision. Mr. Diggs, we're sure will not feel
guilty
for hand-pickin'. Perhaps if a Spanish, Viet, European-American and
others
were "displayed gracefully in the liberal media", there would have
been
shown a real effort to heal. Again, the majority (in this case, St.
Bernard)
is bypassed as true victims of this tragedy.

If ALL are treated in the appropriate way, there could be peace at
our
Blessed Christmas and beyond.

Until all are treated fairly, none are treated fairly.

I'm dying if I'm lying.

--jer--