[StBernard] Crime

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 21 09:00:41 EST 2007

My Pleasure.

Some facts remain pertaining crime in st. Bernard. There appears to be less
than walking the streets of New Orleans. However, I must admit that pre-K I
had no problem walking in St. Bernard. Now, I watch my surroundings driving
around, getting out of the car and walking around. It's a new environment
now exacerbated by elements now existing after the storm. Many, I suppose
have armed themselves in home (and beyond) as an equalizer. My cousin was
hit by robbers a few months back at a service station. Unfortunately we all
know that the cops are not always walking us to our door or watching outside
while we sleep.

A brave new world exists now and the brave will either succeed in not
allowing the elements to scare them out of a lifestyle they demand

--OR, die trying to protect it, I suppose.

--jer--