[StBernard] Time for Some Positive Christmas Images for our Area

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Fri Dec 21 09:17:07 EST 2007

MORE UNFORTUNATE NATIONAL IMAGES

It is very regrettable that the chaos surrounding the New Orleans City
Council meeting produced still more negative images for an area struggling
to recover and rebuild. We all want affordable housing for our residents,
but the housing projects have proved to be breeding grounds for crime,
drugs, poverty and despair. Although originally designed to be temporary
housing for residents, the projects instead imprisoned generations in a
permanent underclass.

Nonprofit organizations have teamed up with government entities who now have
possession of houses under the road home program with the goal of providing
affordable housing to residents in certain areas. Housing solutions can be
best created through creative public/private partnerships that provide an
actual home to residents as opposed to simply rebuilding the ghettos.

BUT TIME FOR SOME POSITIVE CHRISTMAS IMAGES ..

THANKS TO DREW BREES AND FLORIDA MARINE TRANSPORTERS FOR HELPING DESERVING
CHILDREN

Louis Deville, Dennis Pasentine, Jr., Tim Burns, Dale Artigue of Florida
Marine and NO Saints Quarterback Drew
Brees<http://www.timburns.com/images/stories/timxmasone.jpg> Christmas is a
time for giving, sharing precious time with loved ones, and most
importantly, making children smile. This spirit of Christmas was recently
exemplified by Drew Brees and Florida Marine Transporters in giving away
bicycles to needy children at the New Orleans Saints Training Facility on
Airline Highway.

(Pictured Above: Louis Deville, Dennis Pasentine, Jr., Rep. Tim Burns, Dale
Artigue of Florida Marine and NO Saints Quarterback Drew Brees)

<http://www.timburns.com/images/stories/timchildren.jpg> Many thanks also
to Tammy Benson, Susan Patin (Principal) and Susannah Welch (Assistant
Principal) of Lake Harbor Middle for helping to assemble 100 needy children
on short notice to receive bikes from Drew Brees.
(Rep. Tim Burns, Drew Brees and sponsored children for bicycle event)

THANKS TO ALL THE CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS

My thanks also go out to the many organizations and charities in the area
which sponsor similar events giving gifts to needy children. These are the
true images of our area. Everyone's generosity enriches us all.

I also want to congratulate Dr. Jean Krieger and Woodlake Elementary School
for winning the Samsung Hope for Education Award that was presented by
recording artists Aly & AJ (www.alyandaj.com
<http://pr3.netatlantic.com/t/1111979/12923361/13002/0/?u=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hbH
lhbmRhai5jb20v&x=e91ab3c7> )

CHECK OUT REP. BURNS THIS WEEKEND ON POLITICS WITH A PUNCH

Rep. Burns was a featured guest on Ringside Politics with Jeff Crouere which
airs on WLAE-TV at 8:30 Friday and 10 pm Sunday.

We hope that you and your family has a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New
Year.
<http://www.timburns.com/images/stories/xmascard.bmp>