[StBernard] Appraisal Opinion of Value - can rarely be changed.

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jan 3 23:06:57 EST 2008

For John Scurich...

You did an appraisal on my mom's house a while back,
and we are still appealing the appraisal value from
the Road Home. As I understand it now, they are doing
field review appraisals for those that exceeded their
20% margin.

In a press release from the LRA on 12/21, it says "In
addition to this new procedure, for applicants who are
currently in Appeals to dispute their pre-storm value,
the Road Home program will now offer the option of
having a full appraisal, known as a 1004 appraisal
which is provided by the Road Home Program and
conducted by a Louisiana certified appraiser."

Here's the link to the press release:

http://lra.louisiana.gov/pr122107RoadHomeChanges.html

Is this the same as the appraisals you do? Any idea
who the certified Louisiana appraisers will be? We are
requesting this from Road Home, and I'm hoping it will
be closer to the appraisal you had done, because the
RH appraisal (BPO & Market Analysis) is a WHOLE lot
less than it should be according to your appraisal and
a second one we had done. Thanks, Elaine