[StBernard] Obama's church

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 12 18:47:26 EST 2008

Amazing how the generation gap has become a gaping crevass. All Americans
are the targets of a new world war and our youth thinks the answer is to
molly coddle the past? Oh, by the way, his middle name is Hussein. And
while I'm at it, I think I would like compensation from Cromwell for forcing
my ancestors to flee Ireland; which tax form do I fill out? Get over it,
love America and make your life beautiful for today and the future. MsSimms

**Jer: Exactly. When my ancestors were force out of Eastern Europe to Sicily
or be enslaved (and consequently, I suppose some were-complete with torture)
from Albania (Arbėresh). So many victims in our history and there are some
cultures hell-bent on trying to get "paid" for ancestral misfortunes, and
that includes the Cajuns who were tortured our of Nova Scotia, the early
Christian Italians fed to lions and the arena, the Jews, etc.. the list
continues throughout history.

It's separatism from the pack with lack of assimilation that has this entire
complex country trying to focus on sins and ills of the past instead of hope
and aspirations for the future.

--jer--