[StBernard] Obama's church

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Jan 12 18:53:16 EST 2008

Ok let's see, just how far back do we want to go? Should I sue the Italian
govt. for compensation because Julius Ceasar enslaved my ancestors, the
Gauls in France and the Germanic tribes in Germany? Actually not a bad
idea, I'll settle out of court for a cask of extra extra virgin cold pressed
olive oil. But if these present day compensation seekers are so upset over
the tragic history of their ancestor's enslavement here in the Americas, why
aren't they doing something to stop the horrors and relieve the suffering
inflicted upon their present day "cousins" living in poverty in war-torn
Africa? At this very moment, enslavement and worse are being inflicted upon
live human beings in Africa and around the world and some our American
citizens of color are just howling about something that happened in the past
which is unchangeable. How much more effective would it be if they directed
their outrage and resources toward a situation that is taking place NOW?
Penny