[StBernard] Old man beaten to death

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 15 00:08:14 EST 2008

I don't want to start any crap between folks here/not here on crime issues.
This is just plain bad and helluva way for an old man 83 to have to die.

>From the location I tend to suspect Orleans parish residents might be

involved. Hope they catch the s.o.b. who did this.

Jim

An 83-year-old man was found beaten to death in his backyard in Arabi, the
St. Bernard Sheriff's Office said.
Deputies do not have a motive or suspects.
Peter Ruiz, 83, was found dead in his yard at 408 Sable Drive around 8 p.m.
Sunday, authorities said. Deputies were searching in the area because Ruiz's
family had reported that he had not been heard from since last Thursday,
after having eye surgery.
He appeared to have been beaten, authorities said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at (504)
271-2501 or Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111.