[StBernard] Chalmette Refining

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jan 16 00:20:44 EST 2008

Our SBSO is doing a fantastic job with the tremendous amount of traffic on
St Bernard Hwy from this turnaround and its shift changes. Good fortune for
Today's Ketch to have this opportunity -- makes one want to signup for that
lunchline.

ALSO, this News letter by EXXON/Mobil is very well done. Very important for
St Bernard Parish School Students to have more Science and Science mentors
in the classrooms.

Interesting how they use the name of our town (Chalmette) and the trees for
their logo for Chalmette Refining and then they use THE OAKS for their
newsletter. Very good PR -- looks like a green company. Sure hope this
turnaround fixes whatever caused the over 2,000 Federal Clean Air act
violations last year alone. Our cancer rates are high enough; glad to see
EXXON/Mobil maybe doing something about their contributions to it.

SJK