[StBernard] Our Lady of the Lake Hospitals & Blue Cross

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 22 23:55:22 EST 2008

I was doing some checking on my mom's medicare supplement with Blue Cross
and this was on their site:

Because it could not get the double-digit pay increase it requested, the
Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System, or FMOL, has not renewed
its contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana and HMO
Louisiana, Inc.

* Blue Cross and HMO Louisiana customers cannot count FMOL hospitals
as part of their provider networks effective Feb. 1, 2008.

* Some of the physicians affiliated with Our Lady of the Lake Regional
Medical Center (OLOL) are included in this contract expiration, effective
Feb. 1, 2008.

* See list of FMOL hospitals and OLOL physicians
<http://bcbsla.com/web/reddotcm/html/461_463.asp>

webaddress:

http://bcbsla.com/web/reddotcm/html/461.asp

I'm sure OLOL will have a different explanation for this but this info needs
to be taken into consideration by our newly appointed hospital board.

Jim