[StBernard] Advice please

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 5 11:53:11 EST 2008

#60 and All Others whose home is on Demo List

You have to go to the "Permit" office quickly - building next to Civic
Center
and sign an "Appeal" form. And you have a very short time to do this. Fill
out the form, give your driver's license as proof of who you are and sign.
They will give you a copy of the completed form. No one else can do this
for you. If you are out of St. Bernard Parish and live in another state,
YOU, THE OWNER, has to do this, no one else.

We went Friday a.m. and went to eat lunch at our favorite restaurant "Par
3" and saw our favorite waitress "Kelly". She and her mother are rebulding
and home is just about completed, about in two weeks. Her mother had to
go TWICE to sign the appeal. Can you imagine a home that is almost
completed
and she is still on the Demo List. Unreal! They have relatives that still
live in Arkansas and they will have a difficult time to get back here and
sign the appeal form.

If you go down there, you may not find a "big yellow square with a red X
on it". Our 2 homes did not have it, but that does not mean you are not
on the Demo List. Go figure!!

We wish you the best of luck and hope you resolve this yet another unreal
problem after 2 1/2 years.

Pat