[StBernard] fema trailers

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Feb 16 09:12:05 EST 2008

It seems to me that if the FEMA trailer health problem is due solely to the
fumes and vapors of new carpet, laminated countertops, flooring, cabinets,
and fabrics in a confined space with little insulation, why is the concern
not applicable to mobile homes, RVs, campers, other trailers not built for
FEMA specifications? Were the specifications for a white FEMA-issued
trailer less stringent? Should those living in other small confined spaces
also at risk from fumes? I'm trying to connect the dots here, but there is
no mention in the media as to why this is unique to the little white FEMA
trailers and I wonder if it applies to the slightly larger handicapped
little white houses that were also procured by FEMA. Anyone in the mobile
home, trailer, RV business know ? ddk