[StBernard] Exxon Mobil-Venezuelan refinery continues operations

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 19 19:59:42 EST 2008

Bob,

My point here is when American citizens, typically of the Hollywood left,
pull stunts like this, then how do we teach them the error of their ways?
Clearly, they are lost souls who have forgotten what it means to be a loyal
American. My sugguestion of pulling their return visas isn't to leave them
stuck in Venezuela forever, just long enough (a few months) to where they
"get the point."

Since making this comment, I've had some private emails with Westley. I'll
share with you what I told him. I said there's a lot to be learned from the
mafia and watching The Godfather. "Their thinking is...you never speak
against the family, especially in public. Behind closed doors, you can
disagree and fight it out, but you never show a lack of unity to others. I
see the U.S. the same way. We might argue and fight among ourselves, but we
understand we keep it right here - thus, this country is like a great, big
family. The moment you travel outside the U.S. and stand next to a foreign
leader badmouthing the U.S. or worse - vowing to its destruction - then you
have placed yourself "outside of the family" and are then taking sides
against the family."

Then I added..."and we all know how the mafia handles that problem."

This is why I no longer have any respect for the Dixie Chics. As stupid as
their comment was to criticize President Bush and the United States
Government while in front of a foreign audience (in England), they obviously
weren't so dumb to say that while performing in front of an American
audience. They know they would have booed off the stage. Of course, I'd
like to ask them "why didn't they have the gutts to do that in during a
local U.S. concert?...just to see what their response would be. Oh, by the
way, what the liberal media failed to mention in that story when the
crticized Bush/U.S. during the British concert, many British fans DID boo
them and walked out of the show. Funny how the media didn't promote that in
their news stories. Just imagine what the audience reponse would have been
like had they had the gutts to do it here.

I've heard the Dixie Chics have never recovered in popularity or record
sales since...I wonder why?

All I'm saying is, we've got to come up with an idea to teach such idiots a
lesson. Jer, don't you agree?

- John Scurich