[StBernard] EDITORIAL: Mr. Taffaro's mistake

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 3 19:54:41 EST 2008

Re: Mr. Taffaro's mistake

Anyone that wasn't looking for a discrimination issue jumped all over Mr.
Taffaro's proposal. These individuals looked no further than their nose and
could not see that (1) we have had a law in place for years requiring zoning
changes, which this would be. Further, to help retain St Bernard residents,
the revision was made to limit the practice to "blood relatives". I know of
at least twenty families that would return, if other family members would
return also.

Further, the proposal to allow neighboring individuals the opportunity to
purchase adjacent, Road Home purchased land, would allow for larger lots,
which would help stabilize home values. I would suspect that any
intelligent resident would find this beneficial.

In any case, if Craig makes a mistake, it simply shows that he is working
hard, and as a human being will make mistakes. I would love to see a
comparison of what Craig has accomplished over the last month, compared to
what JR did over the past year. ((I am talking about real accomplishments;
not goosing the President, embarrassing us all.

JFR