[StBernard] katrina limbo

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sun Mar 9 13:39:27 EDT 2008

Ok, here is a phone number for all those to call who cannot afford to
rebuild their home without some help:

271-4254

leave a message on what you need and someone will contact you when a
volunteer group comes in with such matching skills.
(recently a group had an excavator and 2 engineers, and they managed to
build a front and back porch foundation etc 18 feet up in the air, when the
couple, in their eighties, could not even get someone to come out and give
them an estimate).

The parish as such can certainly NOT afford to just build houses for all who
are financially struggling, but the parish CAN do what it does so far to get
some more life back into the parish.

I do think that a hospital/ER and more doctors will help to make up minds of
some elderly with health issues.
I remember when the radio said it will take ten years to recover, and we
were still with our bag with three days of clothing. I did NOT believe it.
Unfortunately its true.

GABY

It takes a real storm in the average person's life to make him realize how
much worrying he has done over the squalls.

-Unknown