[StBernard] Trashing the enironment.

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 10 21:06:31 EDT 2008

Correct. You'd think that after millions of dollars spent to educate the
populace for decades, the detriment to the environment and eco-friendly
awareness that the kids in school would be taught to respect what we have
"left" of a respectable surroundings, signs and advertisements leading the
way to keeping trash and garbage in check, etc. our state would be pristine
and appealing. Instead, the ignorant, the stupid, and the careless/frequent
abuser would want "caretakers" to pick up after them. Isn't it much easier
to throw a large bag of McDonalds trash out the window, a couch or mattress
from the truck, or cigarettes out of the mini-van to keep from placing it in
the ashtray?

This action reflects the type of person perpetrating the incident. It mimics
what mindset is spoiling the beauty of the landscape with an 'in-yo'-face
attitude. --sort of goes hand-in-hand with the idiot him/herself. I can see
technology at some point in the future taking snapshots of the imbecile's
plates or car and fining severely for his actions.

Until such time however, we'll have to depend upon a law-enforcement officer
catching him by eyesight.

What degree of education would it take to clean up St. Bernard and the great
state of Louisiana before it sinks in that perhaps someone would love to
enjoy the environment without his garbage spewing the interstate, street or
area?

--jer--

Sadly, traveling to Florida and back I fell asleep and woke up to
garbage bags, abandoned cars and grocery carts along the roadside; my first
words were, "Ah, I see we're almost home." Ms Simms