[StBernard] response to Jim

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 13 18:23:53 EDT 2008

Apparently I touched a nerve with you.

You are to be congratulated on helping with your family members. We have
none in SBP; they are all dead or moved away from SBP years ago.

>I suggest you aim your frustration and anger about the situation some

>people are in and focus on real solutions for those who need help instead

I *am* trying to focus on one of those truly in need; i.e. my mother.

Sadly Deborah, you come across as one of those who want to be the elite and
believe "I've got mine; to hell with you". You have neither compassion nor
understanding for those not as fortunate as yourself.

Here's a fact: My mom was underinsured on flood as I stated many people
probably were. She has applied for the Road Home program. The Road Home
program under appraised her house according to the appraisal we had done by
John Scurich and we are appealing said Road Home appraisal. Unfortunately,
we cannot do diddly squat until that is resolved.

>My whole point is that waiting and doing nothing will

>not solve the problem, it will only lead to the problem being solved for

you

>as the world mo ves on. ddk

And my whole point, to be blunt, is this: You can't shit money. Well, the
Feds can but that's another story for another forum/blog.

>That's how my ancestors in Avoyelles Parish overcame the devastation of the

>civil war and the Great Flood of 1927. when there was no help from the govt

to >replace all they lost and no insurance of any kind.

Ah it was a truly grand time to be alive then wasn't it? When my father was
born in 1926 his father was probably making all of $1.00/day at manual
labor. You didn't need insurance to go to the hospital and you probably had
the local friendly neighborhood hardware store that would let you run a tab
if you were in dire straits such as a disaster, house burned down or
whatever. You could also run a tab at the local grocery store and pay on it
as you could. Sadly, those days don't exist anymore but it's fun to look
back, isn't it?

If the current regime decides it wants to tear down this old woman's house
because she cannot fix it according to their schedule, fine and good.
Personally I could give a rat's ass. SBP is not a place for old people with
health issues anyway and that apparently is not going to change anytime
soon, it appears. It seems the administration is wanting to back off the
idea of the hospital district concept because there has been no publicity
about that lately and I've not seen anything that indicates that idea is
moving forward.

Congratulations to you for moving forward and may good fortune attend all
your endeavors.

Regards,
Jim

Jim, I suggest you aim your frustration and anger about the
situation some
people are in and focus on real solutions for those who need help
instead
of sarcastic remarks for those who overcame adversity. Many of us on
this
forum have and are still directly helping/ supporting/ and providing
housing
for relatives or friends or doing it through charitable
organizations. As I
said in an earlier posting, maybe plan b for those in dire straits
is to
turn to relatives, friends, and charities if govt isn't there to
offer the
assistance to the level they need. That's how my ancestors in
Avoyelles
Parish overcame the devastation of the civil war and the Great Flood
of
1927. when there was no help from the govt to replace all they lost
and no
insurance of any kind. My whole point is that waiting and doing
nothing will
not solve the problem, it will only lead to the problem being solved
for you
as the world mo ves on. ddk

____
DEVACAPS.com - Data Evacuation and Protection Services
Because your data is too important to leave behind
504-250-6407 sales at DEVACAPS.com http://www.DEVACAPS.com

____
Not all emails sent through this list reflect
the opinion of da-parish.com or Westley Annis

Such emails list the author in either the subject line or within the
message
itself.

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT MEANT TO BE INTERPRETED AS LEGAL ADVICE AND
SHOULD NOT BE
CONSIDERED AS SUCH.

This message is copyrighted by Westley Annis. No distribution
through
electronic, paper, or other means is permitted without the express
written
permission of Westley Annis.

StBernard mailing list
StBernard at da-parish.com
This list is provided as a free service of
da-parish.com and AskWestley.com
http://www.da-parish.com
http://www.AskWestley.com

To get your own free copy or to cancel your subscription visit
http://six.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/stbernard