[StBernard] Who's da victim?

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 18 20:31:17 EDT 2008

"NO "JER" DOES NOT LIVE IN THE PARISH, SO WHY ARE PEOPLE READING ALL OF HIS
BULLS##T? HE IS SO NEGATIVE ABOUT EVERY THING GOING ON IN THE PARISH. WE
LOVE OUR PARISH, AND WE ARE HERE TO SHOW WE DO. WHERE IS "JER"? WHO REALLY
CARES? -- WOC" -- WOC" -- WOC" -- WOC" -- WOC" -- WOC" -- WOC" -- WOC"

Jer Responds:

WHAT????

Well, WOC, if there's a complete negative than this e-mail -- it is "to GET
Jer" as an example. I've never attacked you, have I? I've a little more
respect than going around bashing such as that with the liberty exhibited
here. Sorry, but the it's the truth.

It is perfectly righteous to love one's homeland as I do. I've spent 40 yrs.
helping build, improve and guide da parish. I've contributed to no less than
5 non-profits as a member. Can this be said of 80 percent of those who claim
they are parishioners-yet do nothing to the betterment of their "beloved"
homeland? It's called paying one's dues and earning respect instead of
bleeding what's there and never giving back.

The fact of reality is that St. Bernard parish is still recovering and will
do so for at least a decade or more.

St. Bernard Parish IS my homeland and always will be. So, to attack one who
is both older than you and may have spent more time attacking issues that
concern the parish, Louisiana and America. I don't wish to know where anyone
lives as it is their choice whether they have grass in front of their home
or demolition materials.

Listen carefully please: I care where Jerry is period, so it means a lot to
me.

It's important to me to know where my mind and heart is at all times. If you
wish to bash, perhaps NOLA is the venue for this nonsense. This site is
important to all St. Bernard citizens--residing within and outside. Since it
is Wesley's site, it is his to say if I am not as important as the next
person recovering. Hurricane Katrina is too huge an issue to limit it to
simply I have a "brick 'n mortar" residence so I'm more important than you
on this site". I've cleaned out more mud per cubic inch than most people in
the U.S. have furniture. <smile>. Have I not earned my recovery as the next
guy? Why the stone throwing? Is it guilt for not doing enough on one's part?
How many of us have not only done their own home, but have helped other
families as I have, whether they are family or a complete stranger?

To say that someone is MORE qualified to be part of St. Bernard's recovery
is to lie to all -- because everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) who has been
traumatized by Katrina is a victim, deserves complete and healthy recovery
and has a voice in its recovery--no matter the situation.

So, if it's BULL-SHI& to you, then perhaps NOLA is more appropriate for the
trashtalk, WOC. I CHOOSE to write in my own style which is consistent to
many threads and sites established during times of disasters..

So it looks like we have both rights to write or read in a manner which is
consistent to Wesley's rules for posting. I take directions from him because
of his generosity to allow us the freedom of speech to discuss issues which
affect both St. Bernard Parish, its citizens and its displaced survivors.
God bless everyone, even you--WOC.

--jer--