[StBernard] Jer

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 18 20:38:16 EDT 2008

Thank you, John for your eloquent evaluation of one who cares more about St.
Bernard Parish than that of the current community he/she resides. Why some
choose to believe the nonsense that forced out (for whatever reason) is the
same as pre-Katrina choosing is one and the same. He or she has had to make
a very serious and heartbreaking decision to leave. Concerning my 40 yrs of
life in a parish -- or anyone else's personal decision should never be
equaled to is a 'cop-out' and such critical thinking is beyond me. You can
actually see a egregious immaturity and error in that belief system.

Truly I say to you, in an historical perspective it took many years to help
clean up St. Bernard Parish (politically, and Craig has pointed it out
during his election). Any criticism on my part (albeit politically or
growthwise), is indeed in part because I have always been concerned and
wanted a proper direction for the parish to be headed towards. If this
manner of thinking is incorrect, than let's replay the tapes of politicians,
those interviewed on TV/Radio, etc. Their aim is the same--"do it correct
and righteously or I shall continue to say what I feel/think about any
shortcomings."

John, I won't beat my drum any further concerning your statements -- but
choose to say that "one's heart does not necessarily remain within one's
ribcage until death".

Perhaps everyone should examine his/her own conscience instead of condemning
or challenging another's passion for homeland -- again, that which stays
forever with one -- and respectably, until death does each part.

--jer--