[StBernard] Honor Flight on NBC

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 17 01:01:49 EDT 2008

This is from a friend of mine in Ohio.

I think this is so wonderful that they are doing this for our WWII veterans,
The Greatest Generation, before they leave us. If anyone on the list knows
someone from the service organizations such as DAV, VFW, Am Legion etc.
please pass this along to them.

I just googled this and here's awebsite:
http://www.honorflight.org/index.htm

There is apparently a Louisiana organization at:

http://www.louisianahonorair.com/index.html

As many (maybe all) of you know, a couple years ago my dad went to
DC to see the WWII memorial with a group called Honor Flight. The
organization takes WWII vets for a day trip to DC at NO cost to the vet. Dad
just couldn't stop talking about the wonderful day he had.
Jim found out they need "guardians" for the trips to help the vets,
so he volunteered. He's gone three times (even giving up OSU football!) --
and now he's been asked to take over the Dayton (OH) operations. Their first
flight of the year is this Saturday and a crew from NBC is going along. The
segment will be called "People Making A Difference" and is scheduled to air
on Friday, April 25 on the 6:30 NBC news.
So....set your VCR's, TIVO's and DVR's!!!