[StBernard] Parish officials consider hospital options

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 19 09:29:09 EDT 2008

>Understandable that 20 beds is not enough for this region;

>and it will be a regional hospital not just St Bernard

>Parish. However, even with a larger bed hospital,

>if the other group cannot for whatever reasons treat the

>person, wont they be shipped to Baton Rouge??

I posited the idea that if OLOL is chosen with their
larger # of beds, that if the local hospital were full or if
someone needed a procedure that could not be done in the
local hospital that OLOL would probably form a partnership
with another local hospital such as East/West Jeff, Touro or
Tulane. I would seriously doubt they would form a partner-
ship with Ochsner nor do I think they would be referring
patients 90 miles away to OLOL Baton Rouge.

842