[StBernard] Parish officials consider hospital options

Westley Annis Westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 22 07:50:57 EDT 2008

I posited the idea that if OLOL is chosen with their
larger # of beds, that if the local hospital were full or if
someone needed a procedure that could not be done in the
local hospital that OLOL would probably form a partnership
with another local hospital such as East/West Jeff, Touro or
Tulane. I would seriously doubt they would form a partner-
ship with Ochsner nor do I think they would be referring
patients 90 miles away to OLOL Baton Rouge.

842

Jer:

How is it that after closing in on a 3rd anniversary of K, that a priority
need is not placed on a fast track to get much needed services to St.
Bernard Parish. The Fed. Government can get major medical operations up and
running in a very short time anywhere around the world.

Yet, ignorance is to blame for bringing little to da parish. Is it a
non-caring issue? A Red-tape one? No money for St. Bernard while zillions
are collected for others around the world?

Where are we going in our once-marvelous country when priorities are
secondary, tertiary, etc... to world projects because St. Bernard continues
to be observed as a "back-road community" or a non-impact zone of America.

Damn-IT, give proper medical care to this community. Where are the movers
and shakers (which include those who exceed minimum financial ability or the
elite)?

The Bollywood crowd can come to the 9th Ward with hoards of media covering
the event, but ask for a proper hospital and ears have become deafened,
vocals have become silenced and heads move 180 degrees on shoulders that
need fixation and permanency in a forward-looking position.

--jer--